Sunday, July 25, 2010

You want holes in your ears? Right?

My daughter Olivia has wanted her ears pierced since she was two. Yesterday while we were at the mall she kept asking to get it done. I actually wanted to wait until she was about six so she would be able to help clean and take care of them, but she was persistent and I gave in. I thought she would probably just get scared and back out, well boy did she surprise me! She let them pierce her ears, or as Livy would say put holes in them, and she didn't even cry! That's my girl!! I had mine done at the age of seven and I cried! I have explained to her the importance of cleaning and rotating them. When I forget about it, she has reminded me to clean them. Seriously?!

2 comments:

  1. A girl who knows exactly what she wants!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Olivia! Cousin Corinna says "Your earrings are so pretty."

    Tip for the parents: Be diligent to clean her ears and rotate earrings once you can remove the studs. And beware of the very tiny earring backs. They CAN get stuck in the earlobe. That happened to Corinna and J.J. had to perform outpatient surgery.

    But on the bright side, sparkly earrings are cool!

    ReplyDelete